RECORDKEEPING AND REPORTING
§ 291.221. Daily operational records.
(a) A person or municipality that disposes of residual waste by land application shall make and maintain an operational record for each day that the residual waste is applied.
(b) The daily operational record shall include the following:
(1) The type, percent solids and weight or volume of the residual waste that was applied.
(2) The name, mailing address, county and state of each generator of residual waste.
(3) The transporters of the residual waste.
(4) The particular map location of the area being used for land application of residual waste, and the weight or volume of residual waste this area received in the previous calendar year.
(5) A record of deviations from the permit.
(6) General weather conditions during disposal.
(7) The application rate for residual waste.
(8) A record of actions taken to correct violations of the act, the environmental protection acts and this title.
(9) A description of waste handling problems or emergency disposal facilities.
(c) If residual waste is being stored at the site, the operator shall maintain, on forms provided by the Department, accurate operational records sufficient to determine whether the waste is being stored in accordance with § 291.204 (relating to storage of residual waste).
(d) Daily operational records shall be retained for the life of the facility bond, or longer if determined by the Department to be necessary to meet the standards of the environmental protection acts. These records shall be made available to the Department upon request.
The provisions of this § 291.221 issued under the Solid Waste Management Act (35 P. S. § § 6018.1016018.1003); the Pennsylvania Used Oil Recycling Act (58 P. S. § § 471480); The Clean Streams Law (35 P. S. § § 691.1691.1001); sections 1905-A, 1917-A and 1920-A of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § § 510-5, 510-17 and 510-20); and the Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act (53 P. S. § § 4000.1014000.1904); amended under sections 5(b) and 402 of The Clean Streams Law (35 P. S. § § 691.5(b) and 691.402); section 302 of the Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act (53 P. S. § 4000.302); section 408(e) of the Pennsylvania Used Oil Recycling Act (58 P. S. § 408(e)); sections 1905-A, 1917-A and 1920-A of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § § 510-5, 510-17 and 510-20); section 105(4) of the Waste Tire Recycling Act (35 P. S. § 6029.105(4)); sections 301 and 302 of the Radiation Protection Act (35 P. S. § § 7110.301 and 7110.302); the Infectious and Chemotherapeutic Waste Law (35 P. S. § § 6019.16019.6); and the Vehicle Code, 75 Pa.C.S. § 4909(e).
The provisions of this § 291.221 amended November 28, 1997, effective November 29, 1997, 27 Pa.B. 6190; amended January 12, 2001, effective January 13, 2001, 31 Pa.B. 235. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (239032) to (239033).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.