§ 88.188. Basic hospital and medical-surgical expense form.
An outline of coverage, in the form prescribed in this section, shall be issued in connection with policies meeting the standards of § § 88.162 and 88.163 (relating to basic hospital expense coverage; and basic medical-surgical expense coverage). The items included in the outline must appear in the sequence prescribed:
(HOME OFFICE ADDRESS)
BASIC HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL-SURGICAL EXPENSE COVERAGE
REQUIRED OUTLINE OF COVERAGE
(1) Read Your Policy CarefullyThis outline provides a very brief description of the important features of your policy. This is not the insurance contract and only the actual policy provisions will control. The policy itself sets forth in detail the rights and obligations of both you and your insurance company. It is, therefore, important that you READ YOUR POLICY CAREFULLY!
(2) Basic Hospital and Medical-Surgical Expense Coverage Policies of this category are designed to provide, to persons insured, coverage for hospital and medical-surgical expenses incurred as a result of a covered accident or sickness. Coverage is provided for daily hospital room and board, miscellaneous hospital services, hospital out-patient services, surgical services, anesthesia services, and in-hospital medical services, subject to any limitations set forth in the policy. Coverage is not provided for unlimited hospital or medical-surgical expenses. (*NOTE: Immediately preceding sentence may be appropriately modified, if necessary to reflect coverage provided.)
(3) (A brief specific description of the benefits contained in this policy, in the following order:
(a) Daily hospital room and board;
(b) Miscellaneous hospital services;
(c) Hospital out-patient services;
(d) Surgical services;
(e) Anesthesia services;
(f) In-hospital medical services; and
(g) Other benefits, if any.
*NOTE: The above description of benefits shall be stated clearly and concisely, and shall include a description of benefit amounts; durations or limits, elimination periods, inner limits, deductible or co-payment provisions and any other items appropriate to the coverage provided.)
(4) (A description of the exceptions, reductions, and limitations contained in the policy or contract, including the pre-existing conditions provisions, if any, and the circumstances under which any reduction becomes operative.)
(5) (A description of the terms and conditions of renewability of the pol- icy or contract, including any limitation by age, time or event, rights to change premium, status requirements and any other matters appropriate to the terms and conditions of renewability (including any rights of cancellation reserved to the insured).)
This section cited in 31 Pa. Code § 88.171 (relating to supplemental insurance coverage).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.