§ 94.2. Prerelease programs.
(a) Work/educational/vocational training release.
(1) Work release. This is a program which enables an inmate to leave the facility and work in the community. The inmate is required to return to the facility at a designated time after the work day.
(2) Educational/vocational training release. This is a program which enables an inmate to leave the facility and participate in educational or vocational-technical training. The inmate is required to return to the facility at a designated time after completion of training for the day.
(b) Temporary home furlough. This is the authorized leave for an inmate from a facility for a period not to exceed 7-consecutive days for the purpose of furthering an inmates rehabilitative programs. The inmate is required to return to the facility at a designated time after the furlough.
(c) Community corrections.
(1) Community corrections center residency. This is a program operated as a continuum of the rehabilitative services provided in the facilities. Community corrections centers are residences in the community with custodial structure and strong emphasis on guidance and counseling. These centers serve those inmates who qualify and who should benefit from a gradual reintegration into society.
(2) Group home residency. This is a program which complements community corrections center residency and consists of publicly or privately owned agencies approved by the Department for use by its residents. These residences provide specialized residential treatment, for example, drug and alcohol treatment, or additional bed resources and include 24-hour supervision, living quarters and special services for selected residents, and provisions for continued jurisdiction by community corrections. An exception to this paragraph shall have prior approval by the Director, Community Corrections Division and final approval by the Secretary or a designee.
(3) Community corrections furlough program. This is a program which complements community corrections center residency and is permitted with the approval of the community corrections center director or contract coordinator. It is the authorized leave of an inmate from a community corrections center or group home for a period not to exceed 7-consecutive days for the purpose of furthering the inmates reintegration into the community. The inmate is required to return to the center or group home at a designated time.
The provisions of this § 94.2 amended under section 506 of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § 186).
The provisions of this § 94.2 adopted May 14, 1976, effective May 15, 1976, 6 Pa.B. 100; amended February 17, 1984, effective February 18, 1984, 14 Pa.B. 534; amended December 21, 2001, effective December 22, 2001, 31 Pa.B. 6932; amended April 15, 2005, effective April 16, 2005, 35 Pa.B. 2279. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (286445) to (286446).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.