§ 5.16. Eligibility criteria.
(a) Parents. Eligibility for the educational gratuity is established on the record of service of that parent of the applicant who was or is an eligible disabled or deceased veteran as defined in § 5.11 (relating to definitions).
(b) Child. A student may qualify for the educational gratuity if the following qualifications are met. The student is:
(1) Between the ages of 16 and 23.
(2) The child of an eligible disabled or deceased veteran as defined in § 5.11.
(3) A resident of this Commonwealth for 5 years immediately preceding the date the application was filed.
(4) Attending an approved educational institution.
(5) Able to demonstrate a financial need for the gratuity.
The provisions of this § 5.16 issued under the Military Code, 51 Pa.C.S. § 1704(7).
The provisions of this § 5.16 adopted August 23, 1991, effective August 24, 1991, 21 Pa.B. 3813.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.