§ 3.54. Minimum equipment requirements.
Every barbershop shall provide for the following:
(1) One barber pole, or a sign indicating that barbering services are performed.
(2) A stand and mirror or the equivalent.
(3) One hand mirror.
(4) One barber chair which revolves, reclines and has a headrest.
(5) A sanitary headrest for every two chairs.
(6) A closed container for clean towels.
(7) A covered waste container for each chair.
(8) One soiled towel receptacle for each chair.
(9) At least one washstand for every two chairs.
(10) Running hot and cold water in every washstand.
(11) A supply cabinet for stock of towels and supplies.
(12) Seating accommodations for at least three persons.
(13) One clothes tree or its equivalent.
(14) One cabinet or closet for mops, brooms, and the like.
(15) One hair clipper for each chair in operation.
(16) Two razors for each chair in operation, at least one of which is nondisposable.
(17) Two shears for each chair in operation.
(18) Combs for each chair in operation.
(19) One strop.
(20) One tweezer.
(21) One hone.
(22) Sanitary towels for each chair.
(23) Two clean haircloths for each chair.
(24) Neck strips and dispenser.
(25) Disinfection solution.
(26) Proper disinfection equipment.
(27) Hair tonic, face lotion, cold cream and massage cream.
(28) Powder or liquid styptic.
The provisions of this § 3.54 amended under section 15-A.4(b) of the act of June 19, 1931 (P. L. 589, No. 202) (63 P. S. § 566.4(b)).
The provisions of this § 3.54 amended January 24, 1992, effective January 25, 1992, 22 Pa.B. 347; amended November 22, 2002, effective November 23, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 5751. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (201651) and (201652).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 43b.4 (relating to schedule of civil penaltiesbarbers and barber shops).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.