§ 39.102. AIT program.
(a) The AIT program must provide documentation that the following requirements have been met:
(1) The AIT and the AITs supervisor have jointly made a pretraining assessment of the AITs background in terms of educational level, pertinent experience, maturity, motivation and initiative.
(2) Based on the pretraining assessment, the AIT and the AITs supervisor jointly have developed a detailed, goal-oriented training plan with supporting documentation which includes:
(i) Educational objectives.
(ii) Subject areas of the core of knowledge as required by § § 39.5(c) and 39.7 (relating to requirements for admission to licensing examination; examination procedures; and subject matter for examinations).
(iii) Training sites involved.
(iv) Estimated number of hours needed for mastering each objective.
(v) Total of hours in the training plan.
(3) Prior to its implementation, the training plan shall be submitted for approval by the Board on forms provided by the Board. The training plan must include supporting documentation for the training plan, including the allocation of hours to the subject areas required by § § 39.5(c) and 39.7.
(4) A minimum of 80% of the training must occur from Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. An AIT program may not consist of more than 60 hours per week nor less than 20 hours per week.
(b) The Board has the right to monitor and call for conference any AIT or AIT supervisor during the course of the AIT program.
(c) Following the completion of the AIT program and prior to admission to the examination for licensure, the Board will review the report required by § 39.103 (relating to AIT program reports) to determine if the applicant has received training consistent with this section.
(d) If the AIT program is discontinued prior to completion, the following apply:
(1) An AIT program which has been discontinued by a period of full-time military service may be completed within a year after that military service.
(2) An AIT program which has been discontinued for any reason other than military service may not be completed if the absence exceeds 1 year from the date of discontinuance.
(3) If an AIT program has been discontinued before completion for any reason beyond AIT or supervisor control, the AIT and supervisor may apply to the Board for consideration of credit for the period of time completed.
(i) The AIT requesting consideration shall explain why the AIT program was discontinued, how the AIT intends to complete the training and document his progress in the manner required by § 39.103.
(ii) The supervisor requesting consideration shall explain why the AIT program was discontinued and document the hours that the supervisor spent on the training program.
The provisions of this § 39.102 issued under section 4(c) of the Nursing Home Administrators Act (63 P.S. § 1104(c)).
The provisions of this § 39.102 adopted July 11, 2008, effective July 12, 2008, 38 Pa.B. 3811.
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 39.5 (relating to requirements for admissions to licencing examinations; examination procedures).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.