§ 47.16. Licensure by endorsement.
To be issued a license by endorsement without examination as a licensed clinical social worker, an applicant shall provide proof satisfactory to the Board, that the applicant has met the following conditions:
(1) Satisfied the general requirements for licensure of § 47.12 (relating to qualifications for licensure).
(2) Holds a masters degree in social work or social welfare or a doctoral degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. An applicant who is a graduate of a foreign school shall submit to the Board an evaluation of foreign credentials performed by the Council on Social Work Education, which assesses the foreign credentials to be the equivalent of the curriculum policy of an accredited graduate school during the same time period, that is, as meeting the requirements of having earned a masters degree in social work or social welfare from an accredited school.
(3) Passed a clinical social work examination acceptable to the Board. The Board will accept an applicants examination grades taken in another jurisdiction, as furnished through the professional examination reporting service or from the jurisdiction that administered the examination. The applicant shall demonstrate that the examination taken in the other jurisdiction is similar to the one offered by the Commonwealth, and that the applicant passed the examination with a grade at least equal to the passing grade set by the Commonwealth.
(4) Holds a clinical social work license that is in good standing from another state. The applicant shall provide a letter from the other states licensing authority where the clinical social worker is licensed certifying licensure and reporting any disciplinary history.
(5) Demonstrates to the Boards satisfaction that the applicant has completed a minimum of 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience that conforms to the requirements of the state in which the applicant is currently licensed.
The provisions of this § 47.16 adopted August 26, 2011, effective August 27, 2011, 41 Pa.B. 4627.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.