§ 1005.12. Content of formal complaints.
(a) Except as permitted under § 1005.13 (relating to citation complaints by the Authority), a formal complaint must set forth the following:
(1) The name, mailing address, telephone number, telefacsimile number and electronic mailing address, if applicable, of the complainant.
(2) If the complainant is represented by an attorney, the name, mailing address, telephone number, telefacsimile number and Pennsylvania Supreme Court identification number of the attorney and, if available, the electronic mailing address.
(3) The name, mailing address and certificate or license number of the respondent complained against, if known, and the nature and character of its business.
(4) The interest of the complainant in the subject matterfor example, customer, competitor, and the like.
(5) A clear and concise statement of the act or omission being complained of including the result of any informal complaint or informal investigation.
(6) A clear and concise statement of the relief sought, provided that penalties entered in a proceeding initiated as provided in § 1005.11(a)(4) (relating to formal complaints generally) will be consistent with § 1001.61 (relating to penalties).
(7) Except for a document referenced within § 1005.11(b), a document or the material part thereof, or a copy must be attached when a claim is based upon the document, the material part thereof, or a copy. If the document, the material part thereof, or a copy is not accessible, the complaint must set forth that the document, the material part thereof, or the copy is not accessible and the reason, and set forth the substance of the document or material part thereof.
(b) A verification executed in accordance with § 1001.36 (relating to verification and affidavit) must be attached to the formal complaint.
(c) The complaint must reference the act, the regulation or order and quote the pertinent portions thereof.
(d) Subsections (a)(c) supersede 1 Pa. Code § § 35.9, 35.10 and 35.14 (relating to formal complaints generally; form and content of formal complaints; and orders to show cause).
This section cited in 52 Pa. Code § 1003.41 (relating to form and content of informal complaints).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.