Subchapter I. PROPAGATION AREAS
135.161. Commission-owned or leased.
§ 135.161. Commission-owned or leased.
In addition to § 135.2 (relating to unlawful actions) the following pertain to lands and waters under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, designated as propagation areas:
(1) Entry is prohibited, except as authorized by Commission personnel.
(2) The Director may authorize the opening of a propagation area for purposes of hunting, trapping, or both, in conformity with established seasons and bag limits.
The provisions of this § 135.161 adopted June 19, 1987, effective July 1, 1987, 17 Pa.B. 2464.
This section cited in 58 Pa. Code § 135.106 (relating to Pymatuning Wildlife Management Area); and 58 Pa. Code § 135.107 (relating to Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area).
§ 135.162. Privately-owned.
In addition to § 135.2 (relating to unlawful actions), the following pertain to lands and waters under agreement to the Commission, designated as propagation areas:
(1) Entry is prohibited, except to the owner or tenant of a tract of land on which a propagation area is established, or a member of his family or authorized employe, who shall be privileged to go upon the area any time of the year, without dog, trap, firearm or bow and arrow, in connection with normal and customary management of the lands, if no attempt is made to drive or disturb the wildlife.
(2) If a seriously wounded game bird or mammal enters a propagation area, the hunter who wounded it, in order to retrieve it, shall report to an officer of the Commission or to the person in charge of the lands, who may investigate, accompanied by the hunter without firearm or bow and arrow. If the bird or mammal is found to be seriously crippled, it may be secured by the officer or person in charge of the lands and turned over to the hunter.
(3) If a dog, without encouragement, enters a propagation area, it may be recovered by the owner or person in control by entering the area without firearm or bow and arrow.
The provisions of this § 135.162 adopted June 19, 1987, effective July 1, 1987, 17 Pa.B. 2464.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.