§ 6.301. Governors Cabinet for People with Disabilities.
(a) Establishment. The Governors Cabinet for People with Disabilities (Cabinet) is created.
(b) Executive Director. The Governor will appoint an Executive Director of the Cabinet.
(c) Membership. The Cabinet shall consist of the following members, who serve by virtue of their public position:
(1) Secretary of Public Welfare, who shall serve as Chairperson of the Cabinet.
(2) Secretary of Labor and Industry.
(3) Secretary of Health.
(4) Secretary of Education.
(5) Secretary of Transportation.
(6) Secretary of the Budget.
(7) Secretary of Aging.
(8) Secretary of Policy and Planning.
(9) Director of the Governors Office of Health Care Reform.
(10) Chairperson of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.
(11) Executive Director of the Governors Office of Housing and Community Revitalization.
(12) Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council.
(13) Executive Director of the Governors Office for People with Disabilities.
(14) Executive Director of the Governors Long Term Living Council.
(d) Responsibilities. The responsibilities of the Cabinet are as follows:
(1) Make recommendations to the Governor on policies, procedures, regulations and legislation that aid people with disabilities in this Commonwealth.
(2) Serve as the Governors liaison to people with disabilities on policies, procedures, regulations and legislation that affect people with disabilities to ensure that State government is accessible, accountable and responsive to people with disabilities.
(3) Serve as a resource to all departments, commissions and agencies under the Governors jurisdiction to ensure that these government entities are cognizant of the needs of people with disabilities and that their respective services and programs are accessible to those individuals.
(4) Work with the Administration and agencies to monitor the hiring, retention and promotion practices of the Commonwealth relating to the employment of people with disabilities to ensure that there are no discriminatory practices within this Commonwealth.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.