ELIGIBILITY DETERMINATION, CERTIFICATION
AND APPLICATION PROCESSES
§ 21.21. Eligibility for domiciliary care service.
(a) To receive domiciliary care service, an applicant shall meet the following criteria as determined by the appropriate AAA:
(1) Be a resident of this Commonwealth and 18 years of age or older.
(2) Be independently mobile or semimobile.
(3) Not require skilled or intermediate nursing care, or general or special hospital care on a 24-hour residential basis.
(4) Have no relative, or other person whose relationship with the applicant is important to the applicants continued well-being, willing or able to provide the necessary support for independent living.
(5) Be incapable of living alone regardless of available services, or require services to live alone and the services are not available.
(b) An applicant shall meet one or more of the following criteria:
(1) Have demonstrated difficulties in accomplishing activities of daily living, such as purchasing and preparing meals, bathing and grooming, housekeeping and laundry, financial management and taking medication in proper doses at proper times, to an extent which prevents independent living in the community.
(2) Have demonstrated difficulties in social or personal adjustment, usually associated with mental disability, as demonstrated by reduced, lost or nondeveloped capabilities for developing and maintaining appropriate personal relationships, dealing constructively with others, and maintaining or attaining a maximum level of functioning.
(3) Have demonstrated difficulties resulting from disabilities, such as blindness, deafness, amputation, paralysis or birth defects, if the individual is independently mobile or semimobile.
This section cited in 6 Pa. Code § 21.23 (relating to application process for domiciliary care service and the domiciliary care supplement); and 6 Pa. Code § 21.52 (relating to AAA service responsibilities).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.