§ 21.77. Provider and AAA related activities.
(a) The provider, in cooperation with the AAA, shall:
(1) Assure that each client visits or is seen by his physician at least annually or more frequently if indicated by the clients health needs.
(2) Obtain emergency medical care when the clients personal physician is not available.
(3) Assure that dental, eye and other medical services are made available to clients as necessary.
(b) If a client becomes nonmobile or if the clients medical situation, as determined by a physician, indicates the need for a transfer to a health care facility, the provider shall immediately notify the AAA so that the AAA can assist with the clients transfer to the appropriate facility and take appropriate action under § 21.55(q)(5) (relating to AAA placement activities).
(c) If a provider intends to close a home, at least 30 days prior to the intended date of closure, the provider shall submit a written statement to each client, the designateif one existsand the AAA. The statement shall include:
(1) The providers intent to cease operations.
(2) The closing date.
(3) A guarantee that the domiciliary care home will continue operation at least 30 days beyond the closing date for the relocation of clients except in cases in which the AAA determines that removal of the client at an earlier time is necessary for the clients health and welfare.
(d) The provider shall maintain information on each client containing the information listed in § 21.55(j).
(e) The provider shall notify immediately the AAA regarding unusual incidents which occur. The AAA shall then take action, deemed appropriate, in accordance with § 21.55.
This section cited in 6 Pa. Code § 21.52 (relating to AAA service responsibilities); 6 Pa. Code § 21.55 (relating to AAA placement activities); and 6 Pa. Code § 21.81 (relating to provider financial accountability).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.