§ 16.63. Vaccination requirements.
A certified private or breeding kennel owner and a certified operator of a nonprofit kennel shall comply with the following procedures regarding rabies vaccination:
(1) Vaccine shall be administered only by an owner or operator who has been certified by the Department.
(2) Vaccine shall be administered only to a dog and cat owned by the kennel owner and kept at the licensed kennel or to a dog or cat in the possession of a nonprofit kennel.
(3) Only-USDA licensed inactivated vaccine purchased from a licensed veterinarian or a source approved by the Department shall be used.
(4) Vaccine shall be administered according to vaccine label instructions and according to procedures outlined in the Rabies Vaccination Manual provided by the Department.
(5) Detailed records shall be kept and maintained for at least 3 years which indicate:
(i) The name, type by duration of immunity, lot number, manufacturer, date of purchase and date of administration of the rabies vaccine.
(ii) The name and address of the veterinarian or other source from whom the vaccine was purchased.
(iii) The name, address and telephone number of the person who administered the vaccine.
(iv) A detailed description of each animal vaccinated, including the breed, sex, age and color.
This section cited in 7 Pa. Code § 16.45 (relating to production of certificate of vaccination required).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.