§ 12.2. Student responsibilities.
(a) Student responsibilities include regular school attendance, conscientious effort in classroom work and homework, and conformance to school rules and regulations. Most of all, students are responsible to share with the administration and faculty a responsibility to develop a climate within the school that is conducive to wholesome learning and living.
(b) No student has the right to interfere with the education of fellow students. It is the responsibility of each student to respect the rights of teachers, students, administrators and all others who are involved in the educational process.
(c) Students should express their ideas and opinions in a respectful manner.
(d) It is the responsibility of the students to conform to the following:
(1) Be aware of all rules and regulations for student behavior and conduct themselves in accordance with them. Students should assume that, until a rule is waived, altered or repealed in writing, it is in effect.
(2) Volunteer information in matters relating to the health, safety and welfare of the school community and the protection of school property.
(3) Dress and groom to meet standards of safety and health, and not to cause substantial disruption to the educational processes.
(4) Assist the school staff in operating a safe school for the students enrolled therein.
(5) Comply with Commonwealth and local laws.
(6) Exercise proper care when using public facilities and equipment.
(7) Attend school daily and be on time at all classes and other school functions.
(8) Make up work when absent from school.
(9) Pursue and attempt to complete satisfactorily the courses of study prescribed by local school authorities.
(10) Report accurately in student media.
(11) Not use obscene language in student media or on school premises.
The provisions of this § 12.2 amended under section 2603-B of the Public School Code of 1949 (24 P. S. § 26-2603-B).
The provisions of this § 12.2 amended February 17, 1984, effective February 18, 1984, 14 Pa.B. 520; amended December 2, 2005, effective December 3, 2005, 35 Pa.B. 6510, 6658. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (279556) and (293057).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.