Subchapter K. DISBURSEMENTS OF MONIES FROM THE DAMS AND ENCROACHMENTS FUND
105.431. General provisions.
§ 105.431. General provisions.
(a) Fines collected under the penal provisions of the act and civil penalties collected under the act shall be paid into the treasury of the Commonwealth in a special fund known as the Dams and Encroachments Fund.
(b) Moneys paid into the Dams and Encroachments Fund may be disbursed at the discretion of the Department for use in the elimination of hazards to life, property and the environment resulting from unsafe dams, water obstructions and encroachments.
(c) For purposes of this chapter, the full and normal range of program activities necessary to administer this chapter will be considered to contribute to the elimination of hazards from unsafe dams, water obstructions and encroachments. Disbursement of moneys from the Dams and Encroachments Fund moneys may therefore be made for, but will not be limited to, the following purposes:
(1) Conducting investigations, tests and analyses as required to carry out the purposes of the act, including costs of entry; testing and sampling; and examining books, papers and records.
(2) Undertaking corrective action, repair work or removal to eliminate an actual or potentially dangerous or hazardous condition of a dam, water obstruction or encroachment as provided under section 14(c) of the act (32 P. S. § 693.14(c)).
(3) Purchasing contractual services and consultation from firms and individuals with relevant expertise in the field of safety of dams, water obstructions and encroachments.
(4) Purchasing materials, equipment, services and travel necessary for personnel training and provision of information and educational materials on the safety of dams, water obstructions and encroachments to schools, colleges, institutions and citizens.
(5) Covering extraordinary costs of litigation arising out of the enforcement of dam safety and encroachments laws of the Commonwealth, such as the printing of briefs and records, taking of depositions and expert witness fees.
The provisions of this § 105.431 amended under the Dam Safety and Encroachments Act (32 P. S. § § 693.1693.27); The Clean Streams Law (35 P. S. § § 691.1691.1001); section 7 of the act of June 14, 1923 (P. L. 704, No. 294) (32 P. S. § 597); sections 514, 1901-A, 1908-A, 1917-A and 1920-A of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § § 194, 510-1, 510-8, 510-17 and 510-20); and the Flood Plain Management Act (32 P. S. § § 679.101679.601).
The provisions of this § 105.431 adopted September 26, 1980, effective September 27, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 3843; amended October 11, 1991, effective October 12, 1991, 21 Pa.B. 4911; amended January 7, 2011, effective January 8, 2011, 41 Pa.B. 219. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (207770) and (313671).
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 105.432 (relating to authorization for disbursement).
§ 105.432. [Reserved].
The provisions of this § 105.432 reserved under section 5 of the Dam Safety and Encroachments Act (32 P. S. § 693.5).
The provisions of this § 105.432 adopted September 26, 1980, effective September 27, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 3843; reserved January 7, 2011, effective January 8, 2011, 41 Pa.B. 219. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (313671).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.