§ 123.119. Bonus NOx allowance awards.
(a) The Department will, upon receipt of a complete application by November 1, 1998, award a NOx affected source with bonus NOx allowances for certain creditable emission reductions made during the 1997 and 1998 ozone seasons (May 1September 30) under the following conditions:
(1) Creditable reductions shall be in excess of the OTC MOU reduction requirements and any applicable emission limits including RACT and maximum achievable control technology.
(2) Bonus allowances shall be calculated separately for the 1997 and 1998 ozone seasons (May 1September 30).
(3) The actual average ozone season (May 1September 30) heat input used to calculate the emission reduction may not exceed the average 1995 and 1996 ozone season actual heat input, or if the Department finds that it is more representative of normal operations, the average ozone season (May 1September 30) actual heat input which occurred during another consecutive 2 years between and including 1991 and 1995.
(4) Bonus NOx allowances shall be calculated by multiplying the actual 1997 or 1998, as applicable, average ozone season (May 1September 30) heat input, times the difference between the following:
(i) The after-control emission rate calculated using the average rate occurring during the 1997 or 1998 NOx allowance control.
(ii) The lower of the sources applicable emission rate for NOx expressed in pounds of NOx per MMBtu, or the baseline emission rate established in Appendix A after applying the following reduction, as applicable. The reduction for sources located in the outer zone is 55% or 0.2 lbs/MMBtu whichever is less stringent, and for sources located in the inner zone, 65%, or 0.2 lbs/MMBtu whichever is less stringent. The inner zone includes Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, and the outer zone includes the remaining counties within this Commonwealth.
(5) Applications shall include the information necessary to determine that the reductions meet the requirements of this section.
(b) On or before May 1, 1999, the Department will publish a report in the Pennsylvania Bulletin which documents the number of bonus NOx allowances awarded.
The provisions of this § 123.119 adopted October 31, 1997, effective November 1, 1997, 27 Pa.B. 5683.
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 123.101 (relating to purpose); 25 Pa. Code § 123.103 (relating to general NOx allowance provisions); 25 Pa. Code § 123.108 (relating to source emissions monitoring requirements); 25 Pa. Code § 123.111 (relating to failure to meet source compliance requirements); 25 Pa. Code § 123.112 (relating to source operating permit provision requirements); 25 Pa. Code § 123.113 (relating to source recordkeeping requirements); 25 Pa. Code § 123.115 (relating to initial NOx allowance NOx allocations); 25 Pa. Code § 123.116 (relating to source opt-in provisions); 25 Pa. Code § 123.117 (relating to new NOx affected source provisions); and 25 Pa. Code § 123.118 (relating to emission reduction credit provisions); 25 Pa. Code § 123.20 (relating to audit); 25 Pa. Code § 123.121 (relating to NOx Allowance Program transition); and 25 Pa. Code § 145.43 (relating to compliance supplement pool).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.