SITE-SPECIFIC INSTALLATION PERMITS
§ 245.231. Scope.
(a) Site-specific installation permits are required prior to the construction, reconstruction or installation of one or more of the following:
(1) New aboveground storage tank systems with a capacity greater than 21,000 gallons at an existing large aboveground storage tank facility.
(2) New large aboveground storage tank facilities.
(3) New highly hazardous substance tank systems.
(4) New underground field constructed storage tank systems not installed within a previously registered underground storage tank system.
(b) Site-specific installation permit applications meeting the requirements in § § 245.232(a)(1) and (2) and 245.236 (relating to general requirements; and public notice) are required to be approved prior to construction, reconstruction or installation. Additional application requirements include the following:
(1) Large aboveground storage tank system at a new facility or existing small aboveground storage tank facility requires compliance with § 245.232(a)(3) and (4) and (b).
(2) Large aboveground storage tank system at an existing large aboveground storage tank facility on new location requires compliance with § 245.232(a)(3) and (b).
(3) Large aboveground storage tank system at an existing large aboveground storage tank facility on the footprint of previous aboveground storage tank system requires compliance with § 245.232(b) and § 245.234(b) (relating to siting requirements).
(4) Small aboveground storage tank systems at a new large aboveground storage tank facility require compliance with § 245.232(a)(3) and (b).
(c) If the facility owner or operator can demonstrate that, on or before November 10, 2007, construction has commenced on an aboveground storage tank with a capacity greater than 30,000 gallons used or to be used for storing heating oil for consumptive use on the premises or on a tank regulated due to the addition of new regulated substances defined in § 245.1 (relating to definitions) (see subparagraphs (i)(C)(I) and (II)), the requirements of this section will not apply.
(d) Site-specific installation permits will expire 5 years from the date of issuance unless the Department receives a written extension request from the owner prior to the expiration date and grants an extension.
The provisions of this § 245.231 amended November 9, 2007, effective November 10, 2007, 37 Pa.B. 5979; amended December 21, 2018, effective December 22, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 7875. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (331035) to (331036).
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 245.203 (relating to general requirements for permits).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.