§ 271.126. Requirement for environmental assessment.
(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), an application for a municipal waste disposal or processing permit shall include an environmental assessment on a form prescribed by the Department.
(b) The following permit applications do not require an environmental assessment unless the Department determines that the facility may have a significant effect on the environment:
(1) Permit applications for the beneficial use of municipal waste.
(2) Permit applications for the processing of municipal waste under Subchapter I (relating to beneficial use).
(3) Permit modification applications that are not for major modifications under § 271.144 (relating to public notice and public hearings for permit modifications).
(c) For facilities which have previously been subject to the environmental assessment process, the Department will limit the scope of review under that process to the following:
(1) Proposed modifications to the facility.
(2) Changes in the areas covered by the assessment that have occurred since the assessment was conducted.
The provisions of this § 271.126 adopted April 8, 1988, effective April 9, 1988, 18 Pa.B. 1681; amended December 22, 2000, effective December 23, 2000, 30 Pa.B. 6685. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (225996).
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 273.140 (relating to daily volume); 25 Pa. Code § 277.139 (relating to daily volume); 25 Pa. Code § 279.111 (relating to daily volume); 25 Pa. Code § 281.123 (relating to daily volume); and 25 Pa. Code § 283.114 (relating to daily volume).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.