§ 78.903. Frequency of inspections.
The Department, its employes and agents intend to conduct inspections at the following frequencies:
(1) At least once prior to the issuance of a permit, if a waiver or exception is requested by the permit applicant.
(2) At least once in verifying or resolving objections or determining the Departments response to objections, when objections are raised to a permit application.
(3) At least once during each of the phases of siting, drilling, casing, cementing, completing, altering and stimulating a well.
(4) At least once during, or within 3 months after, the time period in which the owner or operator is required to restore the site, after drilling the well.
(5) At least once prior to the authorization to use an alternate method for plugging, casing or equipping the well.
(6) At least once during the periods that an alternative method for plugging, casing or equipping the well is being used or installed.
(7) At least once when a well is being reconditioned or repaired or when casing is being replaced.
(8) At least once prior to a well being granted inactive status.
(9) At least once during the plugging of the well.
(10) At least once during, or within 3 months after, the period in which the owner or operator is required to restore the site, after the well is plugged or abandoned.
(11) At least once before the bond or other financial security is released.
(12) At least once a year, if there is onsite brine disposal or residual waste disposal subject to the statutes referenced in § 78.902 (relating to policy).
(13) At least twice a year if the well is located in a gas storage reservoir or in a gas storage reservoir protective area.
(14) At least once a year to determine whether compliance with the statutes administered by the Department has been achieved.
(15) If there is a violation, at least once to determine whether the violation has been corrected, or whether there is a continuing violation.
(16) At least once, in response to a complaint.
The provisions of this § 78.903 adopted July 28, 1989, effective July 29, 1989, 19 Pa.B. 3229; reserved March 30, 2001, effective March 31, 2001, 31 Pa.B. 1736. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (241959) to (241960).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.