§ 9.762. Credentialing standards.
(a) At a minimum, for PCPs and specialists, a plan shall verify the following credentialing elements:
(1) Current licensure.
(2) Education and training.
(3) Board certification status.
(4) Drug enforcement administration certification status.
(5) Current and adequate malpractice coverage.
(6) Malpractice claims history.
(7) Work history.
(8) Hospital privileges if the provider provides services at hospitals.
(9) Any other information the Department may require.
(b) A plan shall verify, at a minimum, for non-PCPs and nonspecialists, current licensure and malpractice coverage, to the extent licensure and coverage is required by State or Federal law.
This section cited in 28 Pa. Code § 9.763 (relating to nonphysician providers at facility, agency or organizations).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.