§ 21.36. Operating provisions.
Each certified school must adhere to the following operating provisions:
(1) Testing and grading. Each certified school must ensure that the integrity of the testing and grading of student performance, under the course requirements established by the Commissioner, is constantly maintained as follows:
(i) Each student shall be administered a final examination for the basic academic module. The examination must consist of 50 multiple choice questions, with not less than two nor more than four valid distractors per question. Each question must count as two points.
(ii) Each certified school must develop not less than three complete final examinations for the academic module. No final examination shall be administered to a student class on a consecutive basis. The final basic examination must be of a 2 hour duration.
(iii) A student must attain a minimum score of 70% in the academic module and, if applicable, 75% in the firearms module to be eligible for certification.
(2) Course attendance. Each student must attend all instructional hours in order to be eligible for certification. No excused or unexcused absences from full course attendance are permitted. A student who is absent, shall be required to attend the instructional hours which he missed, at a subsequent date, prior to certification.
(3) Class size. A certified school must not conduct a training course with more than 40 students.
(4) Final grades and fees. Each certified school, within 5 working days of the close of a training course, must forward the following items to the Department:
(i) A fully executed original grade report sheet for each student in the course, regardless of whether or not the student successfully completes such course. The grade report sheet must contain the original signature of the school director. Grade report sheets are available from the Director, Bureau of Training and Education, State Police, Post Office Box AA, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033.
(ii) An individual certified check, cashiers check or money order in the amount of $25, payable to the Pennsylvania State Police, for each student who has successfully completed the required course. Personal checks will not be accepted.
(5) Instructional personnel. Each certified school must employ sufficient instructional personnel to ensure that the school can meet its course requirement obligations under the course schedule established for each course. Each certified school must have a copy of each instructors current instructor certification in its files, prior to the person performing instructional services.
(6) School certificate. Each certified school must prominently display the certification to operate a lethal weapons training school issued by the Commissioner on the school premises. A certified school must immediately surrender certificate to a Department representative upon service of a notice of suspension/revocation issued by the Commissioner.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.