§ 21.273. Application for certification.
(a) Applicants for certification shall pay a fee set forth in § 21.253 (relating to fees), and submit an application form provided by the Board to the Board for its review and approval. Applicants shall verify compliance with section 8.7 of the act (63 P.S. § 218.7) regarding professional liability coverage.
(b) An applicant for initial certification shall include documentation satisfactory to the Board of the following:
(1) Proof of completion of a Board-approved education program or proof of completion and official transcript from another course of study that meets the requirements of § 21.271(a)(2) (relating to certification requirements).
(2) Proof of current National certification as set forth in § 21.271(a)(3).
(c) An applicant for certification by endorsement shall include documentation satisfactory to the Board of the following:
(1) Verification of current, unrestricted licensure or certification as a nurse practitioner issued by the proper licensing authority of another state, territory or possession of the United States or a foreign country.
(2) Copy of the licensure or certification requirements at the time the applicant was initially licensed or certified by another jurisdiction and a copy of the criteria under which the applicant was initially licensed or certified, obtained from the jurisdictions board of nursing or licensing authority.
(3) Official transcript from the applicants nurse practitioner program, including degree awarded.
(4) Proof of current National certification in the specialty in which the nurse is seeking certification by the Board, if the applicant obtained initial certification or licensure after February 7, 2005.
(5) Proof of specialty designation. For a nurse practitioner who obtained initial certification in a specialty before February 7, 2005, and who does not hold current National certification, the specialty designation shall be demonstrated by certification from the nurse practitioners original state of certification. For a nurse practitioner whose certification is from a state that does not designate a specialty, the specialty designation shall be demonstrated by the nurse practitioners educational program.
(d) An applicant who holds certification who is applying for certification in another specialty shall submit documentation of the following:
(1) Official transcript from the applicants nurse practitioner program and any additional educational programs, including degree awarded, demonstrating a concentration in the specialty in which the applicant is seeking certification.
(2) Proof of current National certification in the specialty in which the nurse is seeking certification by the Board.
(e) Applicants shall remit the fee set forth in § 21.253.
(f) Applicants shall submit additional information as identified on the application or as requested by the Board. Applications will remain on file for 12 months.
(g) All forms are available on the Boards web site or by contacting the Board.
The provisions of this § 21.273 adopted December 11, 2009, effective December 12, 2009, 39 Pa.B. 6994.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.