§ 21.282a. CRNP Practice.
(a) A CRNP may collaborate only with physicians who hold a current license to practice in this Commonwealth.
(b) When acting in collaboration with a physician as set forth in a collaborative agreement and within the CRNPs specialty, a CRNP may:
(1) Perform comprehensive assessments of patients and establish medical diagnoses.
(2) Order, perform and supervise diagnostic tests for patients and, to the extent the interpretation of diagnostic tests is within the scope of the CRNPs specialty and consistent with the collaborative agreement, may interpret diagnostic tests.
(3) Initiate referrals to and consultations with other licensed professional health care providers, and consult with other licensed professional health care providers at their request.
(4) Develop and implement treatment plans, including issuing orders to implement treatment plans. However, only a CRNP with current prescriptive authority approval may develop and implement treatment plans for pharmaceutical treatments.
(5) Complete admission and discharge summaries.
(6) Order blood and blood components for patients.
(7) Order dietary plans for patients.
(8) Order home health and hospice care.
(9) Order durable medical equipment.
(10) Issue oral orders to the extent permitted by the health care facilities by-laws, rules, regulations or administrative policies and guidelines.
(11) Make physical therapy and dietitian referrals.
(12) Make respiratory and occupational therapy referrals.
(13) Perform disability assessments for the program providing temporary assistance to needy families (TANF).
(14) Issue homebound schooling certifications.
(15) Perform and sign the initial assessment of methadone treatment evaluations, provided that any order for methadone treatment shall be made only by a physician.
(c) The provisions of this section are subject to limitation as set forth in section 8.2(c.2) of the act (63 P.S. § 218.2(c.2)), regarding the authority of state agencies and health care facilities.
The provisions of this § 21.282a adopted December 11, 2009, effective December 12, 2009, 39 Pa.B. 6994.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.