§ 31.32. Certification.
(a) As a prerequisite to original certification as a veterinary technician, an applicant shall submit the following documentation to the Board:
(1) A completed and signed application for veterinary technician certification.
(2) Evidence of satisfactory performance on the proficiency examination as determined by the Board.
(3) Evidence of satisfactory completion of an approved program for the training and education of veterinary technicians.
(4) A letter of good standing from the licensure board of each state where the applicant has held a license as a veterinary technician, if any, reporting the outcome of disciplinary actions taken against the applicant in that state.
(5) A statement from the applicant that the applicant has not been convicted of a felony under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act (35 P. S. § § 780-101780-144), or convicted of a felony relating to a controlled substance in a court of law of the United States or any other state, territory or country within the last 10 years. An applicant convicted of such a felony more than 10 years ago shall also submit the following:
(i) Proof that at least 10 years have elapsed from the date of conviction.
(ii) Satisfactory documentary evidence that the applicant has made significant progress in personal rehabilitation since the conviction so that licensure of the applicant should not be expected to create a substantial risk of harm to the health and safety of patients or the public or a substantial risk of further criminal violations.
(iii) Satisfactory documentary evidence that the applicant otherwise satisfies the qualifications contained in the Boards regulations.
(b) The fee for application for certification is as specified in § 31.41 (relating to schedule of fees).
The provisions of this § 31.32 issued under sections 506 and 812.1 of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § § 186 and 279.3a); sections 5 and 11 of the Veterinary Medicine Practice Act (63 P. S. § § 485.5 and 485.11); amended under sections 3(10)(viii), 5(2) and 13 of the Veterinary Medicine Practice Act (63 P. S. § § 485.3(10)(viii), 485.5(2) and 485.13).
The provisions of this § 31.32 adopted January 12, 1979, effective January 13, 1979, 9 Pa.B. 154; amended August 13, 1982, effective August 14, 1982, 12 Pa.B. 2688; amended January 20, 1989, effective January 21, 1989, 19 Pa.B. 237; amended December 22, 1995, effective December 23, 1995, 25 Pa.B. 5959; amended April 12, 2002, effective April 13, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 1861; amended December 17, 2004, effective December 18, 2004, 34 Pa.B. 6650. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (287868) to (287869).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 31.33 (relating to applications); and 49 Pa. Code § 31.39 (relating to grounds for disciplinary proceedings).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.