§ 35.275. Examination for rental listing referral agents license.
(a) An individual who wants to take the salespersons examination for the purpose of obtaining a standard rental listing referral agents license shall:
(1) Be 18 years of age or older.
(2) Have successfully completed four credits, or 60 hours of instruction, in basic real estate courses as determined by the Commission under subsection (b).
(3) Submit a completed examination application to the Commission or its designee with the examination fee.
(b) The Commission will apply the following standards in determining whether an examination candidate has met the education requirements of subsection (a)(2):
(1) A candidate who has obtained one of the following degrees will be deemed to have met the education requirement and will not be required to show completion of coursework in specific areas of study:
(i) A bachelors degree with a major in real estate from an accredited college as defined in § 35.201 (relating to definitions).
(ii) A bachelors degree from an accredited college as defined in § 35.201, having completed coursework equivalent to a major in real estate.
(iii) A juris doctor degree from an accredited law school.
(2) Credits will be allowed for Real Estate Fundamentals and Real Estate Practice and all acceptable basic real estate courses when offered by:
(i) An accredited college as defined in § 35.201.
(ii) A real estate education provider who has met the approval requirements in § 35.341 (relating to approval of real estate education provider).
(iii) A real estate education provider outside this Commonwealth that has been approved by the real estate licensing authority of the jurisdiction where the real estate education provider is located. The course transcript or certificate of completion must state that the course is approved by the licensing authority of the jurisdiction where the real estate education provider is located.
(3) Courses shall have been completed within 10 years prior to the date of successful completion of the licensing examination.
(c) A reciprocal licensee who is converting a reciprocal license to a standard rental listing referral agents license is exempt from the requirements in subsections (a) and (b) and is only required to pass the state portion of the examination.
The provisions of this § 35.275 issued under the Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act (63 P. S. § § 455.101455.902); amended under section 812.1 of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § 279.3a); amended under sections 201, 404.1, 501, 601, 602 and 604 of the Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act (63 P. S. § § 455.201, 455.404a, 455.501, 455.601, 455.602 and 455.604).
The provisions of this § 35.275 adopted February 24, 1989, effective February 25, 1989, 19 Pa.B. 781; amended September 3, 2004, effective September 4, 2004, 34 Pa.B. 4883; amended December 10, 2004, effective December 11, 2004, 34 Pa.B. 6530; amended August 19, 2005, effective August 20, 2005, 35 Pa.B. 4711; amended December 21, 2012, effective December 22, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 7647. Immediately preceeding text appears at serial pages (312844) and (354067).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 35.227 (relating to licensure as rental listing referral agent).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.