§ 45.306. Supervision and responsibility.
A licensee who supervises an assistant shall be responsible for:
(1) Hiring only assistants who meet the minimum requirements enumerated under § 45.304 (relating to minimum education, experience and training requirements).
(2) The assistants performance of assigned duties.
(3) Making professional decisions bearing on services provided.
(4) Ensuring that the assistant is assigned only duties and responsibilities for which the assistant has been specifically trained and which the assistant is qualified to perform.
(5) Directly observing the assistants performance in 25% of each clinical session. Direct observations shall be documented and the quality of the assistants performance shall be reviewed with the assistant.
(6) Ensuring that persons who will be receiving services from an assistant, or the persons legal representative, is informed that services are being rendered by an assistant.
(7) Providing direct onsite supervision of the assistant.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.