§ 47.15. Biennial renewal; inactive status; failure to renew.
(a) Biennial renewal.
(1) A license granted under the act expires on the last day of the renewal month of every biennial period unless renewed for the next biennium.
(2) A licensed social worker who fails to renew his license shall cease using the title licensed social worker.
(3) Biennial renewal forms, other forms and literature to be distributed by the Board will be forwarded to the last mailing address given to the Board by the licensee. Whenever the licensee changes his mailing address of record, the licensee shall notify the Board, in writing, within 10 days after making the address change.
(4) To retain the right to use the title licensed social worker when engaging in practice, the licensee shall renew his license in the manner prescribed by the Board and pay the biennial renewal fee required by § 47.4 (relating to licensure fees), prior to the expiration of the current biennium.
(5) When a license is renewed after the expiration of the biennial period, a late fee required by § 47.4, as authorized by sections 224227 of the Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs Fee Act (63 P. S. § § 1401-2241401-227), shall be applied for each month or part of a month that the licensee failed to renew the license or failed to notify the Board of the licensees desire to be placed on inactive status. This late fee will be charged in addition to the biennial renewal fee.
(6) The licensee who fails to pay the biennial renewal fee or who notifies the Board that the licensee does not desire to renew his license, will not be sent biennial renewal forms for the following biennial renewal periods, unless the licensee notifies the Board in writing of the licensees desire to reactivate the license.
(7) A licensee who practiced social work and used or implied the licensee was a licensed social worker during a period in which the licensee was not licensed is subject to prosecution under section 16 of the act (63 P. S. § 1916).
(b) Inactive status.
(1) A licensee who does not intend to use the title licensed social worker in this Commonwealth and who does not desire to renew his license shall inform the Board in writing. Written confirmation of the Boards receipt of the licensees letter and notice that the license has been classified as inactive will be forwarded to the licensee.
(2) A licensee applying for licensure renewal will not be assessed a late fee for preceding biennial periods in which the licensee was not engaging as a licensed social worker in this Commonwealth, if the licensee properly notified the Board of the licensees desire to be placed on inactive status.
(3) If the other conditions of the act and this chapter have been met, active status will be restored upon payment of fees as required under § 47.4.
(c) A licensee who is applying to return to active status after expiration of a license as a licensed social worker shall:
(1) Pay fees which are due as required under the act, § 47.4 and sections 224227 of the Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs Fee Act.
(2) Submit a sworn statement stating the period during which the licensee was not using the title or engaging as a licensed social worker in this Commonwealth.
The provisions of this § 47.15 adopted November 23, 1990, effective November 24, 1990, 20 Pa.B. 5838.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.