§ 47.35. Standards for courses and programs.
(a) A provider or licensee seeking Board approval of a course or program shall present evidence that the course or program is geared toward the masters level practitioner and has the following:
(1) Subject matter pertaining to the enhancement of the social workers or clinical social workers knowledge and practice skills related to helping people achieve adequate and productive personal, interpersonal and social adjustments in their individual lives, in their families and in their community.
(2) An established mechanism measuring the quality of the course or program being offered.
(3) Established criteria for selecting and evaluating faculty or source material.
(4) Established criteria for the evaluation of each course or program upon completion.
(5) A minimum total duration of at least 2 clock hours; however, the hours need not be contiguous.
(b) Providers shall comply with relevant Federal, State and local laws related to serving people with disabilities and shall provide adequate facilities and appropriate instructional materials to carry out the continuing education course or program.
(c) Providers shall insure that instructors have suitable qualifications and are of good reputation and character.
The provisions of this § 47.35 amended December 22, 2006, effective December 23, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 7841. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (294168).
This section cited in 49 Pa. Code § 47.31 (relating to definitions); 49 Pa. Code § 47.34 (relating to registration of continuing education providers, courses and programs); and 49 Pa. Code § 47.36 (relating to preapproved providers of continuing education courses and programs for social workers and clinical social workers).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.