§ 2600.143. Emergency medical plan.
(a) The home shall have a written emergency medical plan that includes the following:
(1) The hospital or source of health care that will be used in an emergency. This shall be the residents choice, if possible.
(2) Emergency transportation to be used.
(3) An emergency-staffing plan.
(b) The following current emergency medical and health information shall be available at all times for each resident and shall accompany the resident when the resident needs emergency medical attention:
(1) The residents name and birth date.
(2) The residents Social Security number.
(3) The residents medical diagnosis.
(4) The residents physicians name and telephone number.
(5) Current medication, including the dosage and frequency.
(6) A list of allergies.
(7) Other relevant medical conditions.
(8) Insurance or third party payer and identification number.
(9) The power of attorney for health care or health care proxy, if applicable.
(10) The residents designated person with current address and telephone number.
(11) Personal information and related instructions regarding advance directives, do not resuscitate orders or organ donation, if applicable.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.