§ 2600.171. Transportation.
(a) A home may not be required to provide transportation.
(b) The following requirements apply whenever staff persons or volunteers of the home provide transportation for the resident:
(1) The occupants of the vehicle shall be in an appropriate safety restraint at all times the vehicle is in motion.
(2) The driver of a vehicle shall be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid drivers license.
(3) The driver of the home vehicle cannot be a resident.
(4) At least one staff member transporting or accompanying the residents shall have completed the initial new hire direct care staff person training as specified in § 2600.65 (relating to direct care staff training and orientation).
(5) The vehicle must have a first aid kit with the contents as specified in § 2600.96 (relating to first aid kit).
(6) During vehicle operations, the driver may only use a hands-free cellular telephone.
(7) Transportation shall include, when necessary, an assistant to the driver who assists the driver to escort residents in and out of the home and provides assistance during the trip.
(c) The home shall maintain current copies of the following documentation for each of the homes vehicles used to transport residents:
(1) Vehicle registration.
(2) Valid drivers license for vehicle operator.
(3) Vehicle insurance.
(4) Current inspection.
(5) Commercial drivers license for vehicle operator if applicable.
(d) The home shall assist a resident with the coordination of transportation to and from medical appointments, if requested by the resident, or if indicated in the residents support plan.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.