§ 2600.20. Financial management.
(a) A resident may manage his personal finances unless he has a guardian of his estate.
(b) If the home provides assistance with financial management or holds resident funds, the following requirements apply:
(1) The home shall keep a record of financial transactions with the resident, including the dates, amounts of deposits, amounts of withdrawals and the current balance.
(2) Resident funds shall be disbursed during normal business hours within 24 hours of the residents request.
(3) The home shall obtain a written receipt from the resident for cash disbursements at the time of disbursement.
(4) Resident funds and property shall only be used for the residents benefit.
(5) Commingling of resident funds and home funds is prohibited.
(6) If a home is holding more than $200 for a resident for more than 2 consecutive months, the administrator shall notify the resident and offer assistance in establishing an interest-bearing account in the residents name at a local Federally-insured financial institution. This does not include security deposits.
(7) The legal entity, administrator and staff persons of the home are prohibited from being assigned power of attorney or guardianship of a resident or a residents estate.
(8) The home shall give the resident and the residents designated person, an itemized account of financial transactions made on the residents behalf on a quarterly basis.
(9) A copy of the itemized account shall be kept in the residents record.
(10) The home shall provide the resident the opportunity to review his own financial record upon request during normal business hours.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 2600.25 (relating to resident-home contract).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.