§ 2600.68. Instructor approval.
(a) Training for personal care home administrators provided by an individual who is not certified as an instructor by the Department will not be considered valid training.
(b) To receive the Departments certification as an approved instructor for personal care home administrators, an instructor shall successfully complete the Departments train-the-trainer course. The train-the-trainer course is designed to provide and reinforce basic training skills, including the roles and responsibilities of the trainer, training methodology, the use of instructional aids and recordkeeping.
(c) An instructor shall demonstrate competent instructional skills and knowledge of the applicable topic and meet the Departments qualifications for the topic being taught.
(d) An instructor is subject to unannounced monitoring by the Department while conducting training.
(e) The Department will establish approval standards that include the following:
(1) The mechanism to measure the quality of the training being offered.
(2) The criteria for selecting and evaluating instructors, subject matter and instructional materials.
(3) The criteria for evaluating requests to amend a course.
(4) The criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of each course.
(5) The instructor qualifications for each subject being taught.
(f) The Department may withdraw approval under the following conditions:
(1) Failure to follow the approved curriculum.
(2) Lack of trainer competency.
(3) A pattern of violations of this chapter by a home conducting the training.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.