§ 2800.237. Program.
(a) The following types of activities shall be offered at least weekly to residents of a special care unit for residents with Alzheimers disease or dementia:
(1) Gross motor activities, such as dancing, stretching and other exercise.
(2) Self-care activities, such as personal hygiene.
(3) Social activities, such as games, music and holiday and seasonal celebrations.
(4) Crafts, such as sewing, decorations and pictures.
(5) Sensory and memory enhancement activities, such as review of current events, movies, story telling, picture albums, cooking, pet therapy and reminiscing.
(6) Outdoor activities, as weather permits, such as walking, gardening and field trips.
(b) Resident participation for residents of a special care unit for residents with Alzheimers disease or dementia in general activity programming shall:
(1) Be voluntary.
(2) Respect the residents age and cognitive abilities.
(3) Support the retention of the residents abilities.
(c) The rehabilitation and support plans of the residents in a special care unit for INRBI will determine the types and frequency of the individual and group activities to be offered.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 2800.231 (relating to admission).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.