§ 2800.239. Application to Department.
(a) The legal entity shall submit an application to the Department at least 60 days prior to the following:
(1) Opening a special care unit.
(2) Adding a special care unit to an existing residence.
(3) Increasing the maximum capacity in an existing unit.
(4) Changing the locking system, exit doors or floor plan of an existing unit.
(b) The Department will inspect and approve the special care unit prior to operation or change. The requirements of this chapter shall be met prior to operation.
(c) The following documents shall be included in the application specified in subsection (a):
(1) The name, address and legal entity of the residence.
(2) The name of the administrator of the residence.
(3) The maximum capacity of the residence.
(4) The requested resident population of the special care unit.
(5) A building description.
(6) A unit description.
(7) The type of locking system.
(8) Policy and procedures to be implemented for emergency egress and resident elopement.
(9) A sample of a 2-week staffing schedule.
(10) Verification of completion of additional training requirements.
(11) The operational description of the special care unit locking system of the doors.
(12) The manufacturers statement regarding the special care unit locking system.
(13) A written approval or a variance permitting locked exit doors from the Department of Labor and Industry, the Department of Health or the appropriate local building authority.
(14) The name of the municipality or 24-hour monitoring service maintaining the interconnection with the residences fire alarm system.
(15) A sample plan of care and service for the resident addressing the residents physical, medical, social, cognitive and safety needs for the residents.
(16) The activity standards.
(17) The complete medical and cognitive preadmission assessment that is completed upon admission and reviewed and updated annually.
(18) A consent form agreeing to the residents placement in the special care unit, to be signed by the resident or the residents designated person.
(19) A written agreement containing full disclosure of services, admission and discharge criteria, change in condition policies, services, special programming, costs and fees.
(20) A description of environmental cues being utilized.
(21) A general floor plan of the entire residence.
(22) A specific floor plan of the special care unit, outside enclosed area and exercise space.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 2800.231 (relating to admission).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.