§ 2800.25. Resident-residence contract.
(a) Prior to admission, or within 24 hours after admission, a written resident-residence contract between the resident and the residence must be in place. The administrator or a designee shall complete this contract and review and explain its contents to the resident and the residents designated person if any, prior to signature.
(b) The contract shall be signed by the administrator or a designee, the resident and the payer, if different from the resident, and cosigned by the residents designated person if any, if the resident agrees. The contract must run month-to-month with automatic renewal unless terminated by the resident with 14 days notice or by the residence with 30 days notice in accordance with § 2800.228 (relating to transfer and discharge).
(c) At a minimum, the contract must specify the following:
(1) Each resident shall retain, at a minimum, the current personal needs allowance as the residents own funds for personal expenditure. A contract to the contrary is not valid. A personal needs allowance is the amount that a resident shall be permitted to keep for his personal use.
(2) A fee schedule that lists the actual amount of charges for each of the assisted living services that are included in the residents core service package in accordance with § 2800.220 (relating to service provision).
(3) An explanation of the annual assessment, medical evaluation and support plan requirements and procedures, which shall be followed if either the assessment or the medical evaluation indicates the need for another and more appropriate level of care.
(4) The party responsible for payment.
(5) The method for payment of charges for long distance telephone calls.
(6) The conditions under which refunds will be made, including the refund of admission fees and refunds upon a residents death.
(7) The financial arrangements if assistance with financial management is to be provided.
(8) The residences rules related to residence services, including whether the residence permits smoking.
(9) The conditions under which the resident-residence contract may be terminated including residence closure as specified in § 2800.228.
(10) A statement that the resident is entitled to at least 30 days advance notice, in writing, of the residences request to change the contract.
(11) A list of assisted living services or supplemental health care services, or both, to be provided to the resident based on the outcome of the residents support plan, a list of the actual rates that the resident will be periodically charged for food, shelter and services and how, when and by whom payment is to be made.
(12) Charges to the resident for holding a bed during hospitalization or other extended absence from the residence.
(13) Written information on the residents rights and complaint procedures as specified in § 2800.41 (relating to notification of rights and complaint procedures).
(d) A residence may not seek or accept payments from an SSI resident in excess of one-half of any funds received by the resident under the Senior Citizens Rebate and Assistance Act (72 P. S. § § 4751-14751-12). If the residence will be assisting the resident to manage a portion of the rent rebate, the requirements of § 2800.20 (relating to financial management) may apply. There may be no charge for filling out this paperwork.
(e) The resident-residence contract must include whether the residence collects a portion of a residents rent rebate under subsection (d).
(f) If the residence collects a residents rent rebate under subsection (e), the resident-residence contract must include the following:
(1) The dollar amount or percentage of the rent rebate to be collected.
(2) The residences intended use of the revenue collected from the rent rebate.
(g) A statement signed by the resident, and the residents designated person if applicable, at the time of admission, informing the resident that the information required in subsections (e) and (f) is to be kept in the residents record.
(h) The resident, or a designated person, has the right to rescind the contract for up to 72 hours after the initial dated signature of the contract. The resident shall pay only for the services received. Rescission of the contract must be in writing addressed to the residence.
(i) The residence may not require or permit a resident to assign assets to the residence in return for a life care contract/guarantee. A life care contract/guarantee is an agreement between the legal entity and the resident that the legal entity will provide care to the resident for the duration of the residents life. Continuing care communities that have obtained a Certificate of Authority from the Insurance Department and have provided a copy of the certificate to the Department are exempt from this requirement.
(j) A copy of the signed resident-residence contract shall be given to the resident and a copy shall be filed in the residents record.
(k) The service needs addressed in the residents support plan shall be available to the resident every day of the year.
(l) The resident-residence contract shall identify the assisted living services included in the core service package the individual is purchasing and the total price for those services. Supplemental health care services shall be packaged, contracted and priced separately from the resident-residence contract. Services provided by or contracted for by the residence other than supplemental health care services must be priced separately from the service package in the resident-residence contract.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 2800.28 (relating to refunds); 55 Pa. Code § 2800.231 (relating to admission); and 55 Pa. Code Appendix A (relating to assisted living resident rights: during residency and during discharge or termination of residency).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.