§ 4226.36. Child records.
(a) The county MH/MR program and every provider that contracts with a county MH/MR program to deliver early intervention services shall maintain a separate file for each child referred or accepted for tracking or early intervention services.
(b) Entries in a childs record shall be legible, dated and signed by the person making the entry.
(c) Each childs record shall contain, as applicable:
(1) Personally identifiable information.
(2) Intake information.
(3) Child evaluation and assessment information.
(5) Service support plans specifying the therapy services to be provided.
(6) Letters of medical necessity.
(7) Service coordination and service delivery activity logs.
(8) Health records.
(9) Notices issued under § 4226.95 (relating to prior notice).
(10) Other information, as specified in this chapter.
(d) Information in the childs record shall be kept for at least 4 four years or until any audit or litigation is resolved.
(e) A childs record shall be kept for a least 4 years following the childs discharge from service or until any audit or litigation is resolved.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 4226.14 (relating to documentation of other funding sources).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.