§ 4226.52. Service coordination activities.
Service coordination is an active, ongoing process that includes the following activities:
(1) Coordinating the performance of initial and ongoing evaluations and assessments.
(2) Referring at-risk children to the tracking system and tracking at-risk children.
(3) Facilitating and participating in the development, implementation, review and evaluation of IFSPs.
(4) Assisting the family of an infant or toddler with a disability in gaining access to the early intervention services and other services identified on the IFSP.
(5) Facilitating the timely delivery of early intervention services.
(6) Assisting the family in identifying available service providers and facilitating communication with and between the family and the service provider.
(7) Coordinating and monitoring the delivery of early intervention services.
(8) Informing the family of the availability of advocacy services.
(9) Assisting the family in arranging for the infant or toddler with a disability to receive medical and health services, if the services are necessary, and coordinating the provision of early intervention services and other services (such as medical services for other than diagnostic and evaluation purposes) that the infant or toddler needs or is being provided.
(10) Offering the family opportunities and support for the infant or toddler with a disability to participate in community activities with other children.
(11) Informing the family of appropriate community resources.
(12) Facilitating the development of a transition plan as part of the IFSP.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 4226.5 (relating to definitions); and 55 Pa. Code § 4226.51 (relating to provision of service coordination).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.