§ 4226.74. Content of the IFSP.
The IFSP shall be in writing and the standardized format will contain:
(1) Information about the status of the infant or toddler with a disability.
(i) A statement of the present levels of physical development (including vision, hearing and health status), cognitive development, communication development, social or emotional development, and adaptive development of the infant or toddler with a disability.
(ii) The statement in subparagraph (i) shall be based on professionally acceptable objective criteria.
(2) Family information. With the concurrence of the family, a statement of the familys resources, priorities and concerns related to enhancing the development of the infant or toddler with a disability.
(3) Outcomes. A statement of the major outcomes expected to be achieved for the infant or toddler with a disability and the family, and the criteria, procedures and timelines used to determine:
(i) The degree to which progress toward achieving the outcomes is being made.
(ii) Whether modification or revision of the outcomes or services is necessary.
(4) Early intervention services.
(i) A statement of the specific early intervention services necessary to meet the unique needs of the infant or toddler with a disability and the family to achieve the outcomes required in paragraph (3), including:
(A) The frequency, intensity and method of delivering the services.
(B) The natural environments in which early intervention services will be provided and, if a service will be provided in a location other than a natural environment, a justification of the extent to which each service will not be provided in a natural environment and the location in which it will be provided.
(C) The payment arrangements, if any.
(D) The unit cost for each service.
(ii) As used in this section, frequency and intensity are the number of days or sessions that a service will be provided, the length of time the service is provided during each session, and whether the service is provided on an individual or a group basis.
(5) Other services.
(i) A statement of medical and other services that the infant or toddler with a disability needs but that are not required under this chapter and of the funding sources to be used to pay for those services, or the steps that will be taken to secure those services through public or private sources.
(ii) The requirement in subparagraph (i) does not apply to routine medical services (for example, immunizations and well-baby care), unless the infant or toddler with a disability needs those services and the services are not otherwise available or being provided.
(6) Dates; duration of services.
(i) The projected dates for initiation of early intervention services in paragraph (4), which shall be as specified in § 4226.75(b) (relating to implementation of the IFSP).
(ii) If an early intervention service is projected to start later than 14 days after the IFSP is completed as permitted by § 4226.75(b), the date and the reasons for the later date.
(iii) The anticipated duration of early intervention services.
(7) Service coordinator. The identity of the service coordinator who will be responsible for the implementation of the IFSP and coordination with other agencies and persons.
(8) Transition from early intervention services. A statement of the steps to be taken to support the transition of the toddler with a disability to preschool services under Part B of IDEA (20 U.S.C.A. § § 14111419) or other appropriate services, which shall include at least the activities specified in § 4226.77 (relating to transition from early intervention services).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3270.4 (relating to definitions); 55 Pa. Code § 3280.4 (relating to definitions); 55 Pa. Code § 3290.4 (relating to definitions); and 55 Pa. Code § 4226.71 (relating to general).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.