§ 4226.77. Transition from early intervention services.
(a) The county MH/MR program shall adopt policies and procedures to ensure a smooth transition for toddlers receiving early intervention services to preschool or other appropriate services, which meet the requirements of this section.
(b) For every toddler with a disability, the county MH/MR program shall:
(1) Notify the local educational agency for the area in which the toddler resides that the toddler will shortly reach 3 years of age.
(2) In the case of a toddler who may be eligible for preschool services under Part B of IDEA (20 U.S.C.A. § § 14111419), with the approval of the toddlers family, convene a conference among the county MH/MR program, the family and the local educational agency at least 90 days (and if all parties agree, up to 6 months) before the toddlers third birthday, to discuss services that the toddler may receive.
(3) In the case of a toddler who may not be eligible for preschool services under Part B of IDEA, with the approval of the toddlers family, make reasonable efforts to convene a conference among the county MH/MR program, the family and providers of other appropriate services for toddlers who are not eligible for preschool services under Part B of IDEA, to discuss appropriate services the toddler may receive.
(4) If a toddlers third birthday occurs during the school year, review the program options available to the toddler for the period from the third birthday through the remainder of the school year.
(5) Establish a transition plan in consultation with the toddlers family.
(c) The IFSP team of every toddler with a disability shall take steps to ensure the toddlers smooth transition from early intervention services, which shall include at least the following:
(1) Discussions with, and training of, the toddlers parent regarding future placements and other matters related to the toddlers transition.
(2) Preparation of the toddler for changes in service delivery, including activities to help the toddler adjust to, and function in, a new setting.
(3) With parental consent, transmission of information about the toddler, including evaluation and assessment information and copies of the toddlers IFSPs, to the local educational agency, to ensure continuity of services.
(d) The county MH/MR program shall develop interagency agreements with the local educational agency responsible for providing preschool programs under Part B of IDEA, to ensure coordination on transition matters.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3270.4 (relating to definitions); 55 Pa. Code § 3280.4 (relating to definitions); 55 Pa. Code § 3290.4 (relating to definitions); and 55 Pa. Code § 4226.74 (relating to content of the IFSP).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.