§ 4226.97. Conflict resolution.
(a) The county MH/MR program shall establish a system of conflict resolution whereby parents, providers, as appropriate, or other parties may request a meeting with the county administrative staff to discuss and resolve issues relating to the provision of early intervention services to an infant or toddler with a disability and the infant or toddlers family.
(b) The county MH/MR program shall establish conflict resolution procedures to ensure that:
(1) Requests for conflict resolution may be made either orally or in writing.
(2) A conflict resolution meeting shall be held within 7 calendar days of the request.
(3) When a parent requests mediation under § 4226.98 (relating to mediation) or a due process hearing under § 4226.99 (relating to due process procedures), the county MH/MR program shall offer the parent a conflict resolution meeting with the county MH/MR administrator or a designee, and the meeting shall be held within 7 calendar days of receipt of the request, unless the parent declines the offer of conflict resolution. If the parent agrees to participate, the meeting may not delay the processing of the request for mediation or for a due process hearing.
(4) When a resolution or agreement is reached at the meeting, the IFSP or other documents shall be revised accordingly.
(5) If no resolution or agreement is reached at the meeting, all other procedural safeguards continue to be available.
(6) The conflict resolution process does not impede or deny other rights under this chapter.
(7) The conflict resolution process is voluntary on the part of the parents, and parents do not have to participate in the process before exercising other procedural rights.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 4226.95 (relating to prior notice).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.