§ 5210.26. Records.
(a) Under section 602 of the Mental Health and Mental Retardation Act of 1966 (50 P. S. § 4602) and in accordance with recognized and acceptable principles of patient recordkeeping, the record shall include the following:
(1) Patient identifying informaton.
(2) Referral source.
(3) Presenting problem.
(4) Consent forms.
(5) Medical, social and developmental history.
(6) Diagnosis and evaluation.
(7) Treatment plan.
(8) Treatment progress notes for each contact.
(9) Medication orders.
(10) Discharge summary.
(11) Referrals to other agencies, when indicated.
(b) Records shall also be maintained as follows:
(1) Legible and permanent.
(2) Reviewed periodically as to quality by the facility director.
(3) Maintained in a uniform manner so that information can be provided in a prompt, efficient, accurate manner and so that data is accessible for administrative and professional purposes.
(4) Signed and dated by the staff member writing in the record.
(c) The facility shall maintain a record on each person admitted to the partial hospitalization program.
(d) The records shall comply with § § 5100.315100.39 (relating to confidentiality of mental health records).
(e) Case records shall be kept in locked, protected locations to which only authorized personnel shall be permitted access.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.