§ 6400.195. Restrictive procedure plan.
(a) For each individual for whom restrictive procedures may be used, a restrictive procedure plan shall be written prior to use of restrictive procedures.
(b) The restrictive procedure plan shall be developed and revised with the participation of the program specialist, the individuals direct care staff, the interdisciplinary team as appropriate and other professionals as appropriate.
(c) The restrictive procedure plan shall be reviewed, and revised, if necessary, according to the time frame established by the restrictive procedure review committee, not to exceed 6 months.
(d) The restrictive procedure plan shall be reviewed, approved, signed and dated by the chairperson of the restrictive procedure review committee and the program specialist, prior to the use of a restrictive procedure, whenever the restrictive procedure plan is revised and at least every 6 months.
(e) The restrictive procedure plan shall include:
(1) The specific behavior to be addressed and the suspected antecedent or reason for the behavior.
(2) The single behavioral outcome desired stated in measurable terms.
(3) Methods for modifying or eliminating the behavior, such as changes in the individuals physical and social environment, changes in the individuals routine, improving communications, teaching skills and reinforcing appropriate behavior.
(4) Types of restrictive procedures that may be used and the circumstances under which the procedures may be used.
(5) A target date for achieving the outcome.
(6) The amount of time the restrictive procedure may be applied, not to exceed the maximum time periods specified in this chapter.
(7) Physical problems that require special attention during the use of restrictive procedures.
(8) The name of the staff person responsible for monitoring and documenting progress with the plan.
(f) The restrictive procedure plan shall be implemented as written.
(g) Copies of the restrictive procedure plan shall be kept in the individuals record.
The provisions of this § 6400.195 amended through January 22, 1982, effective March 1, 1982, 12 Pa.B. 384; amended August 9, 1991, effective November 8, 1991, 21 Pa.B. 3595. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (131376) to (131377).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 6400.204 (relating to emergency use of exclusion and manual restraints).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.