§ 6400.22. Individual funds and property.
(a) There shall be a written policy that establishes procedures for the protection and adequate accounting of individual funds and property and for counseling the individual concerning the use of funds and property.
(b) The homes policy may not prohibit the individuals right to manage the individuals own finances.
(c) Individual funds and property shall be used for the individuals benefit.
(d) The home shall keep an up-to-date financial and property record for each individual that includes the following:
(1) Personal possessions and funds received by or deposited with the home.
(2) Disbursements made to or for the individual.
(e) If the home assumes the responsibility of maintaining an individuals financial resources, the following shall be maintained for each individual:
(1) A separate record of financial resources, including the dates and amounts of deposits and withdrawals.
(2) For a withdrawal when the individual is given the money directly, the record shall indicate that funds were given directly to the individual.
(3) Documentation, by actual receipt or expense record, of each single purchase exceeding $15 made on behalf of the individual carried out by or in conjunction with a staff person.
(f) There may be no commingling of the individuals personal funds with the home or staff persons funds.
(g) There may be no borrowing of the individuals personal funds by staff persons or by the home.
The provisions of this § 6400.22 adopted August 9, 1991, effective November 8, 1991, 21 Pa.B. 3595.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.