§ 115.5. Certification of inspection.
(a) Display of certificate. The certificate of inspection shall be framed under transparent material and prominently displayed in a public space aboard the boat or, if it is not feasible to display the certificate on the boat, it shall be displayed at a prominent place dockside where it can be seen by passengers boarding the boat. It is unlawful for the owner of a boat inspected under this section to fail to display the certificate of inspection as provided in this section.
(b) Contents of certificate. Form PFBC-291a shall be used as the certificate of inspection. The certificate of inspection shall include the following information:
(1) The name of the vessel, if applicable.
(2) The registration number of the vessel.
(3) The hull identification number of the vessel.
(4) The name, address and zip code of the owners.
(5) The date qualified for initial inspection.
(6) Hull material, such as wood, steel, aluminum, plastic, fiberglass or other.
(7) The type of propulsion, such as outboard, inboard, inboard/outboard or other and the horsepower rating.
(8) The type of fuel, such as gas, diesel or other.
(9) The length and beam.
(10) The total number of passengers allowed.
(11) Operating personnel requirements, such as one or more operators, one or more linehandlers or assistants, or both.
(12) The total number of Coast Guard approved flotation devices required by type and size.
(13) Fire extinguisher indicating number, type and size, such as two each Type BI Carbon Dioxide.
(14) The body of water upon which the boat is to be employed and route if it is restricted.
(15) The seasons of run-starting and closing date.
(16) The hours of operationstarting time and final docking time.
(c) Validation of certificates. The certificate of inspection will be valid with the original signatures of the Director, Bureau of Law Enforcement or a designee, the inspecting officer and the owner.
(d) Compliance. It is unlawful to operate a boat carrying passengers for hire if the boat is not in compliance with the certificate of inspection.
The provisions of this § 115.5 amended under section 5123(a)(1) of the Fish and Boat Code (30 Pa.C.S. § 5123(a)(1)).
The provisions of this § 115.5 amended December 21, 2012, effective January 1, 2013, 42 Pa.B. 7690. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (293749) to (293750).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.