§ 115.8. Personnel requirements of passenger carrying boats.
(a) It is unlawful for a person to operate a boat carrying passengers for hire unless the person first obtains an operators license for passenger carrying boats under § 115.9 (relating to licenses for operators).
(b) It is unlawful to operate a boat carrying passengers for hire without an additional qualified crew member if one of the following conditions exist:
(1) The length of the boat exceeds 45 feet.
(2) The boat is certified to carry more than 49 passengers.
(3) The operator cannot handle the mooring lines or associated equipment without assistance.
(c) To qualify as a crew member, an individual shall meet the following conditions. The individual shall:
(1) Be at least 16 years of age.
(2) Be capable of performing the duties required.
(3) Possess a valid Boating Safety Education Certificate.
The provisions of this § 115.8 amended under section 5122 of the Fish and Boat Code (30 Pa.C.S. § 5122).
The provisions of this § 115.8 amended November 15, 2002, effective January 1, 2003, 32 Pa.B. 5659. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (227700).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.