§ 461a.9. Coupons utilized in slot machine gaming.
(a) A slot machine licensee may utilize coupons and a coupon system that has been tested and approved by the Board under § 461a.4 (relating to submission for testing and approval) and complies with technical standards on coupon systems adopted by the Board and published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin and posted on the Boards website.
(b) The design specifications for a coupon, the expiration terms applicable thereto, the coupon verification methodologies utilized, and any limitation on the value of a coupon must be in compliance with technical standards on coupons adopted by the Board and published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin and posted on the Boards website.
(c) A coupon shall be designed and manufactured with sufficient graphics or other security measures, to permit the proper verification of the coupon. A coupon must contain, at a minimum, the following information:
(1) The name or trade name of the slot machine licensee. If the slot machine licensee is affiliated with a casino licensee in any other jurisdiction with an identical or similar name or trade name, the name of the Pennsylvania location must be evident on the coupon.
(2) The value of the coupon, in both numbers and words.
(3) A unique serial number, which is automatically generated by the system in accordance with this subpart and technical standards adopted by the Board and published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin and posted on the Boards website.
(4) The locations where the coupon may be redeemed and restrictions regarding redemption.
(5) An indication of the date on which the coupon becomes invalid.
(6) A bar code or magnetic strip which enables the coupon system to establish the validity of the coupon and its value in accordance with this subpart and technical standards adopted by the Board and published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin and posted on the Boards website.
(d) Prior to issuing a coupon, a slot machine licensee shall establish a system of internal controls for the issuance and redemption of coupons. The internal controls shall be submitted to, and approved by the Board under § 465a.2 (relating to internal control systems and audit protocols).
The provisions of this § 461a.9 amended under 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(30), 1207(3) and (9) and 13A02(1), (2) and (4).
The provisions of this § 461a.9 amended January 31, 2014, effective February 1, 2014, 44 Pa.B. 619. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (349912) to (349913).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.