§ 815.48. Ticket validation requirements.
(a) Valid tickets. To be a valid Daily Number ticket, all of the following conditions shall be met:
(1) The ticket validation number shall be present in its entirety and legible and shall correspond, using the computer validation file, to the selected number printed on the ticket for the date or dates printed on the ticket.
(2) The ticket shall be intact.
(3) The ticket shall not be mutilated, altered or tampered with in any manner.
(4) The ticket shall not be counterfeit or an exact duplicate of another winning ticket.
(5) The ticket must have been issued by the Lottery through an agent in the authorized manner.
(6) The ticket must not have been stolen or cancelled.
(7) The ticket shall pass all other confidential security checks of the Lottery.
(b) Invalid or Defective TicketsDisputes. Any ticket not passing the validation checks in this section shall be considered void and shall not be paid.
(1) In all cases of doubt, the determination of the Secretary shall be final and binding. However, the Secretary may, at his option, replace an invalid ticket with a ticket of equivalent sales price from any current Lottery game.
(2) In the event a defective ticket is purchased or in the event the Secretary determines to adjust an error, the only responsibility or liability which the Bureau has shall be the replacement of those defective tickets with a ticket of equivalent sales price from any current Lottery game.
(3) In the event a ticket is not paid by the Lottery and a dispute occurs as to whether the ticket is a winning ticket, the Bureau may, at its option, replace the void ticket as provided in paragraph (2). This shall be the sole and exclusive remedy to the holder of the ticket.
The provisions of this § 815.48 adopted February 25, 1977, effective February 26, 1977, 7 Pa.B. 529.
This section cited in 61 Pa. Code § 815.49 (relating to procedure for claiming and payment of prizes).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.