CHAPTER 251. LOCATION OF REPLACEMENT VIN PLATES
251.2. Location of replacement VIN plates.
The provisions of this Chapter 251 issued under the Vehicle Code, 75 Pa.C.S. § 6103, unless otherwise noted.
The provisions of this Chapter 251 adopted August 19, 1977, effective August 20, 1977, 7 Pa.B. 2362, unless otherwise noted.
§ 251.1. Purpose.
This chapter designates the manner in which a State replacement vehicle identification number (VIN) plate shall be placed on a vehicle as required by 75 Pa.C.S. § 7104 (relating to State replacement vehicle identification number plate).
§ 251.2. Location of replacement VIN plates.
Every owner to whom the Department issues a State replacement VIN plate shall immediately upon its receipt attach the plate to the vehicle according to the following rules:
(1) On motorcycles, to the frame in the area of the steering head, on the left side.
(2) On motor vehicles not having a front engine compartment, to the firewall in the engine compartment as close to the top as possible.
(3) On all motor vehicles other than specified in paragraphs (1) and (2), to the firewall under the hood on the extreme right (passenger) side, as close to the top of the firewall as possible.
(4) On house, utility, boat and similar trailers, to the right front of the tongue, not on the hitch assembly.
(5) On semitrailers other than those enumerated in paragraph (4), to the extreme lower right part of the front of the trailer, not on the frame or rail.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.