§ 81.3. Unsatisfied judgments.
(a) General rule. Whenever a person fails within 60 days to satisfy a judgment arising from a motor vehicle accident, the judgment creditor may forward to the Department a certified copy of the judgment, under 75 Pa.C.S. § 1771 (relating to court reports on nonpayment of judgements).
(b) Certification form. The certified copy of the judgment shall be on the Departments Form DL-201, Certification of Motor Vehicle Judgment.
(c) Content of report. The Certification of Motor Vehicle Judgment, Form DL-201, shall indicate:
(1) Name and current address of judgment debtor.
(2) Operators number or date of birth of judgment debtor, or both.
(3) Name and address of judgment creditor. If the judgment creditor is an insurer, the name, address, and policy number or claim number of the subrogor shall also be provided.
(4) Phone number of judgment creditor.
(5) Name and address of attorney of judgment creditor, if applicable.
(6) Phone number of attorney of judgment creditor.
(7) Date of accident.
(8) Court term and number.
(d) Incomplete report. The Department will not process the Certification of Motor Vehicle Judgment unless the required information indicated in subsection (c) is provided to the Department. An incomplete Form DL-201 will be returned to the judgment creditor or his attorney, if applicable, for completion.
The provisions of this § 81.3 issued under the Vehicle Code, 75 Pa.C.S. § § 1741, 1742 and 1743.
The provisions of this § 81.3 adopted May 5, 1978, effective May 6, 1978, 8 Pa.B. 1288; amended October 10, 1980, effective October 11, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 4038; amended June 7, 1985, effective June 8, 1985, 15 Pa.B. 2103; readopted July 6, 1990, effective immediately and apply retroactively to June 8, 1990, 20 Pa.B. 3690. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (127637).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.