§ 91.4. Application.
(a) Pennsylvania licensed drivers. A person in possession of an unexpired Pennsylvania drivers license, or a Pennsylvania drivers license containing an expiration date no more than 4 years preceding the date of application, may apply for an identification card on a form furnished by the Department. The form shall be accompanied by the applicants latest Pennsylvania drivers license and the appropriate fee.
(b) Others. Application for an identification card by a person other than specified in subsection (a) shall be made at a driver examination station of this Commonwealth. The applicant shall provide his name, address, date of birth, and a document verifying the applicants date of birth and identity. The following are acceptable documents for proving identity and date of birth:
(1) Birth certificate.
(2) Baptismal certificate.
(3) School certificate.
(5) Citizenship papers.
(6) Marriage record.
(7) Armed Forces ID card.
(8) Immigration certificate.
(9) Selective service ID card.
(10) Pennsylvania drivers license.
(11) Pennsylvania identification card.
(12) Pennsylvania camera card.
(c) Camera card. Camera cards shall conform with the following:
(1) Each qualified applicant for issuance, renewal, or replacement of an identification card will be issued a camera card for presentation at a camera station.
(2) A camera card will be valid for the purpose of obtaining a photographic identification card for a period of 60 days from the date of issuance.
(3) The Department may, upon a showing of good cause by the applicant, issue an identification card which does not bear a photograph.
(d) Fee. The fee for an identification card shall be $5.
The provisions of this § 91.4 issued under the Vehicle Code, 75 Pa.C.S. § § 1510 and 6103.
The provisions of this § 91.4 adopted September 26, 1980, effective September 27, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 3797; renumbered May 15, 1981, effective May 16, 1981, 11 Pa.B. 1678; amended December 20, 1985, effective December 21, 1985, 15 Pa.B. 4496; readopted July 1, 1988, effective upon publication and applies retroactively to June 4, 1988, 18 Pa.B. 2904. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (103478) and (103479).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.